I work on the Public Health team at City of York Council, helping the good folk of York to lead happier, healthier lives. My passion is running and my other interests include yoga and healthy eating… but I also enjoy the occasional cake or glass of wine, because life’s too short not to. And I love a good cup of coffee! On my blog I write mainly about my running, but also about nutrition and any other health and fitness matters that take my fancy.
I came to running relatively late in life, but now can’t imagine living without it. I enjoy all distances, from Parkrun to ultra, and am a Good For Age Marathoner. I love helping to lead York Council’s Walk 2 Jog groups for beginners and I always tell people it’s never too late to start running!
My qualifications include:
• SAC Dip Diet and Nutrition
• UK Athletics Leadership in Running Fitness
• Walking for Health Walk Leader
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness (Nordic) Walking
• VTCT Level 3 Swedish Body Massage
• VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy